The Restaurant General Manager (RGM) has overall responsibility for managing daily operations of a single restaurant (10-45 employees) ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction, and ensuring desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability and employee retention). The RGM leads the restaurant management team and oversees the financial controls, operations, people development, guest service and Burger King Canada compliance within the restaurant across all shifts. The RGM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant. This position is overseen by a District Manager (DM) and directly manages Team Members, Shift Coordinators and Assistant Managers. This position interacts with restaurant team members, restaurant management, DM’s, customers, members of the field operations team and outside vendors.
- Directs efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products to maximize guest satisfaction;
- Ensures preventive maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment is completed in accordance with company standards;
- Motivates and directs team members to exceed customer expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings;
- Provides coaching and feedback to Team Members, Shift Coordinators and Assistant Managers;
- Assumes full responsibility for restaurant profit and loss management by implementing marketing strategies and following cash control/security procedures;
- Maintains inventory, manages labour and applies financial reporting analysis to enhance restaurant results;
- Enforces compliance with government regulations, Burger King Canada Market Policy, employment laws, food safety, Burger King Canada Security Policy, Operations and Burger King Canada policies and procedures relating to all restaurant activities across shifts;
- Leads restaurant management team in recruiting, selecting, hiring and retaining effective team talent;
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Prompt and regular attendance for assigned shifts, meetings and training.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED required, 2 years of college preferred;
- Complete all internal certification programs;
- Minimum 1-2 years of restaurant management experience;
- Strong understanding of P&L interpretation and management to influence profitability;
- Ability to prioritize and organize own and others’ work and time to meet deadlines and objectives;
- Demonstrates local language proficiency that enables speech clarity, proficient reading and verbal comprehension;
- Willingness to travel preferred.
Note that the responsibilities and qualifications listed above are for positions at restaurants owned or operated by Redberry Franchising Corp. Job descriptions, compensation, benefits and other employment terms and conditions applicable to positions at independent franchised BURGER KING® Restaurants will vary and are determined solely by the Franchisee.